April 12

THE HEALING BRUSH
BY GEORGE GEDER
A Monthly - Weekend With Shades - Column
This column derives its name from a tool in imaging software, most notably Photoshop.
Retouch with the Healing Brush tool
The Healing Brush tool lets you correct imperfections, causing them to disappear into the surrounding image. ...
[from help files; Photoshop CS3]
The recent tragedies in my hometown, Binghamton, New York and other places in our country had me wishing for a more powerful healing brush. One that we all could carry around with us. Whenever we see hardships and strife, we could just place our magic cursor over the damaged spot and simply heal it; right then and there. Alas, the world doesn’t work that way.
I want to take time out in this column to express the urgency to help and support our families, friends and communities. Our individual efforts can make all the difference in the world. All of the imperfections may not disappear, but we must try. The healing begins with us!
In next month’s column we are going to do an image editing software roundup and provide some fresh tips for those who want to spruce up their photos for their genealogy programs.
In the meantime, enjoy some pics from the archives.
Happy Easter!












3 Comments:
I'm looking forward to your next article - I'd love it if you could include something about getting the scheen off of an old photo - in otherwords when there is a shine on the face that makes colorizing it uneven looking - hope I explained that so it made sence -
I, too, look forward to your next article. I planned to take a Photoshop class at the local Community College last month, but there wasn't enough interest in that particular time slot. So I will look forward to your instruction here. I've learned a lot from you and your past articles already.
Thanks Terri & Judith,
I better get to crackin' on that next article! LOL
I'm glad you and others have found something of value in these columns.
'Shades' continues to rock!
Peace,
"Guided by the Ancestors"
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home